Australia can be a very suitable option to carry out higher studies, but the primary requirement is an Australian student visa. The necessary visa will depend on a few factors like your age, the course type you want to attend, and how long you will be staying in Australia. Like most international students, you will also require a Student Visa Subclass 500, irrespective of your area of study.
What is Student Visa 500?
Student Visa Subclass 500 had come into effect on 1 July 2016. It will allow you to stay here for the entire duration of the course program. The maximum period can be 5 years in line with the date of enrolment. For a hastle-free stay, you have to make sure that your visa stays valid throughout your stay and obey all the conditions.
Here are the various benefits that this visa subclass 500 offers.
- It will allow you to attend your desired area of study.
- You can happily bring your family members to Australia.
- Unlike some other visa conditions, you can apply either inside or outside Australia.
Some Basic Checks You Have To Do Before You Apply
Before you proceed with your application, you have to check the following.
- Your age must be at least 6 years.
- You should see whether you are getting your desired course or not.
- Every international student in Australia should hold the OSHC or the Overseas Student Health Cover.
- And, if your age is under 18, you must have the necessary welfare management.
In general, the Student Visa subclass 500 requirements are:
- Evidence of getting enrolled (CoE or the confirmation of enrolment in electronic form)
- A valid passport
- Fee for the visa application
- GTE or the Genuine Temporary Entrant statement, which should include valid reasons behind your study in Australia
- Academic transcripts
- Relevant work experience papers (if any)
- English language skills like test scores of IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.
- Financial ability requirement: You have to show that you can support the different expenses like tuition fees, living costs, and travel costs. The minimum amount that needs to be shown here is around AUD 20000.
- Health insurance policy (Here, OSHC) details
- Purpose statement
- Photographs of passport size
- Parental consent if your age is under 18
- Verification of past criminal records (if any), as character requirements
You should note here that these documents are all basic mandatory requirements, and for a detailed list, you should speak with an immigration consultant from Perth. IAP can help you in this regard.
How Can You Apply?
When you apply for an Australian university, you can apply for more than one reason. You can directly apply through the official website of the university. Other than that, you can also apply through a local university or with help from an external agent. You have first to decide which option you will take. You have to apply for a visa. The application procedure for Visa Subclass 500 involves the following steps.
- Step 1: Before you apply, you should gather all the necessary documents in one place. These documents are in the basic requirements that we have stated above.
- Step 2: Once you have all the documents in hand and the visa application fee, you should apply for the visa online. To apply online, you will have to open an account using ImmiAccount, the online application system of DIBP (Department of Immigration and Border Protection).
- Step 3: Once the authority receives your application, they will let you know. You can also keep track of your visa status through ImmiAccount after submission. You should note here that you have to lodge the visa application not more than 6 weeks before your course begins and not less than 12 weeks.
- Step 4: In the final step, you will get to know about the visa decision. Even if your visa gets refused, they will inform you, citing proper reasons.
How Can You Provide Evidence For English Language Skills?
If you’re not from native English-speaking countries like the UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, Canada, or New Zealand, you have to sit in an English language proficiency examination. PTE or the Pearson’s Test of English is the most popular test and is conducted worldwide, as it is generally the most accepted test. The main reasons someone might take these tests is for immigration (visa applications), work and study. PTE is a popular test as it focuses on the day-to-day use of the language, so it tests how a participant can communicate in daily life. it also has a quick turnaround for results as it’s been a computerised test for many years.
The four English skills you must prove your ability are basic correspondence and communication skills like speaking, reading, writing, and listening. You can take Englishfirm PTE classes in Parramatta to help you brush up on the exam. Which is beneficial because depending on the visa application you will need a minimum score of 50-79 in each of the four skills.
Student Visa Subclass 500 Checklist
The application of the visa 500 has to be completed properly and be accompanied by the required documents. Providing them at the start will ensure lesser processing time and reduced visits or communication before acceptance. The must-have things to include in the Student Visa 500 Checklist can be listed as:
- CoE for each of the courses applied.
- Overseas insurance documents for each of the applicants.
- Evidence to prove welfare management and/or arrangement to live in Australia for the course duration.
- Digital and hard copy proof of conditions satisfying the genuine temporary entrant facet (like details of property in the homeland, employment in the homeland, etc.).
- If in a relationship, evidence confirming the same.
- For research students, a copy of your project/thesis topic will be needed.
The application becomes easier to perform if someone with the knowledge of the nuances and having information about the different developments in Student visa 500 is available to look it over. So, seeking out the help of an experienced and Registered Migration Agent in Perth will be a good idea.
How Can You Get Your CoE?
Upon your selection for a specific course, you will get an acceptance letter from your university. Once you get it, you have to submit a written confirmation that you are accepting the offer. After that, you have to pay the tuition fees. On receiving the payment and the confirmation, the university will now send you the Confirmation of Enrolment or CoE. This document is a mandatory one for the Subclass 500 visa application.
How Can Immigration Agent Perth Help You?
For students outside and inside Australia, a certificate of enrolment or CoE must be provided with the application. If the student has applied for more than one course, then CoE for each of the courses will have to be submitted. The student can take multiple courses, provided one of the courses led to another. Gaps between the courses must be less than three calendar months unless the first course finishes at the end of a standard academic year and the second course starts at the beginning of the following academic year. Details can be obtained from the most proficient Immigration Agents Perth.
Immigration Agent Perth has been helping students for years. They have many registered immigration consultants who can give valuable suggestions about the entire visa application and apply for a university in Perth or any other place in Australia. They will see whether you are getting the complete information on the latest visa conditions and eligibility requirements. It will help you to gather the correct set of required documents.
Their migration agents’ team will guide you to the official websites and help you get the updated application forms. They can also provide necessary assistance in certification and translation of the documents.