Hindu Pilgrimage Tour
India is home to the majority of the Hindu population all around the world. Furthermore, this land is considered the birthplace of Hinduism. India is also known as Bharat has wo kann ich kostenlos müll entsorgen the most number of temples and pilgrim sites for Hindus. Hinduism also has the tag of being the oldest religion. Pilgrim sites in India are scattered from North to South and East to West. Devotees all over India keep traveling to pilgrim sites throughout the year. You can read here the top 5 temples for Hindu pilgrimage tours.
- Badrinath Temple
- Dwarkadhish Temple
- Shri Jagannath Puri Temple
- Rameshwaram Temple
These are the five temples where people of the Hindu religion must visit. All these five temples have great importance in Hindu religious texts. If you visit these five temples, then you will complete the journey of Life and can pray for Mukti. The word ‘Mukti’ means to break the cycle of life and death and attain ‘Moksha’. So let’s start listing the top 5 temples for Hindu pilgrimage.
Top 5 Temples For Hindu Pilgrimage
- Badrinath:- Badrinath is located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state of India. It is one of the sacred ancient temples of Hinduism. Badrinath Temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Every year lakhs of devotees come here to visit Badrinath with their faith and wishes. The journey to Badrinath starts from May, June.
Major City Near Badrinath
Haridwar – This city is one of the favorites destinations for tourists to start there Char Dham Yatra. Badrinath is one of the destinations for completing this pilgrim. Temples and ghat in the city are also important for pilgrims. Haridwar to Badrinath is approximately 320 Km away. It takes around 10 hours of traveling to reach Badrinath. Book taxi service in Haridwar and get an experienced driver for your trip.
- Dwarkadhish:- Dwarkadhish Temple is located in Dwarka, Gujarat state of India. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shri Krishna. Lord Krishna is one of the greatest incarnations of Lord Vishnu. Dwarka is an ancient city and Kingdom of Lord Krishna. The city of Dwarka is of very high importance to Krishna devotees. This temple is very peaceful and picturesque for tourists and devotees. Dwarkadhish temple is very amazing from the point of view of architecture. This temple also comes in Char Dham.
Major City Near Dwarkadhish
Rajkot – It’s an important city in Gujrat and a stopover for Hindu pilgrim tours. This Hindu pilgrim includes both Dwarka and Somnath. Devotees travel to Rajkot and then start their trip towards Dwarka. Tourists can book a taxi service in Rajkot for a comfortable ride. Bharat Taxi has a huge fleet of cabs available. Customers can choose any cab depending on their requirements. Get experienced drivers from Bharat Taxi and enjoy your driver with us.
- Shri Jagannath Puri:- Shri Jagannath Puri Temple is located in the Puri district of Odisha state. This temple is also dedicated to Lord Shri Krishna. A special feature of this temple is that every year in the month of June-July, the Rath Yatra of the historical Shri Jagannath Puri is taken out here. The idols of Lord Jagannath, brother Balabhadra and sister Subhadra are enshrined in this Rath Yatra. Due to an epidemic like Karona in the year 2020, this yatra has not been taken out yet this year. Otherwise, this yatra is taken out every year with great respect and hospitality. Thousands of devotees participate in this yatra.
Major City Near Shri Jagannath Puri
Bhubaneswar – This city is the capital of the state of Odisha. Bhubaneswar has great rail and air connectivity to all parts of India. Tourists can reach Bhubaneshwar and then travel to the holy city of Puri. Locals also travel to Puri from the state capital because of its high religious importance. Book taxi service in Bhubaneswar and travel comfortably to Puri. We provide sanitized cabs and experienced drivers to all our tourists.
Name – Bharat Taxi – Bhubaneswar Taxi Service
Address – Plot No- 92, Unit 4, Old Ag Colony, AG Colony, Unit 4, Madhusudan Nagar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751001
Call – 09696000999
- Rameswaram:- Rameshwaram is located in the Rameswaram district of the state of Tamil Nadu. This temple is dedicated to Mahadev, the god of gods. The belief of this temple is similar to that of Shri Kashi Vishwanath. The Shiva Linga in this temple is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas. This temple is a very ancient temple and divine. Along with the devotees, tourists also come in large numbers in Rameshwaram. Because the sculpture of the Rameshwaram temple is so amazing and huge that it attracts tourists. The corridor located in this temple is the longest corridor in the world.
Major City Near Rameswaram
Madurai – the City of Madurai in itself is a city of high religious importance. Meenakshi temple is a great attraction and brings devotees from all over India. Madurai acts as entry point to Madurai-Rameswaram-Kanyakumari tour plan. Many tourists come to Madurai every day for traveling as per the above trip plan. We have the most experienced fleet of cabs and drivers with us. Book taxi service in Madurai with Bharat Taxi anytime. Long trip plans are very popular from Madurai. Our trained executive will guide you with the best trip plan. You can choose from multiple trip plans available with us.
Name – Bharat Taxi
Address – 2/354, Manthaiyamman Kovil First Street, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625014
Call – 09696000999
- Gangasagar:- Gangasagar Temple is an island at a distance of 125 km from Kolkata. After visiting all the four pilgrimage places, now comes the great pilgrimage site of Gangasagar, which is a very important pilgrimage site. There is a very popular saying about Gangasagar.
“Sab Teerth Baar Baar Gangasagar Ek Baar” means one must visit the Mahatirth of Gangasagar once in a lifetime. Lakhs of people come here to take a dip on the occasion of Makar Sankranti. A fair is held here every year on the occasion of Makar Sankranti. You can take a cab from Kolkata to reach Gangasagar.
Major City Near Gangasagar
Kolkata – Kolkata is the city of joy and the capital of West Bengal. Kolkata has always been an attractive tourist destination for all. Not only does this city have Indian tourists but a large number of international tourists. As we have read above that Gangasagar is an island so, our taxi cannot reach there. However, If you book a taxi service in Kolkata, you can travel to Kakdwip. Thereafter, you would have to book a ferry boat to the island. Ferry tickets can be taken there without any hassle. On your return, our cab will be waiting at Kakdwip for the return journey to Kolkata. Usually, Kolkata to Gangasagar is a 1-day trip but during the season it can take longer. It is advisable to hold 2 days if you are traveling during Makar Sankranti. Anyway, our cab will still be waiting for whether it’s a 1 or 2-day trip.
Name – Bharat Taxi
Address – Flat No-41, Brabone House, 6 Chaurangi Lane, Park Street, Kolkata, West Bengal 700016
Call – 09696000999
So with Gangasagar, we have ended our list of top 5 temples for Hindu pilgrimage. There are many important pilgrim destinations that are not covered here. Especially top 5 doesn’t have any destination from the so-called “Hindu Heartland”. Comment below if your readers want to know more.
Read More About Varanasi, India